2013年1月16日 星期三

Prado, Portrait of Spain



It has been a long time since I updated my blog for Ambassador Program. I went back to my hometown, Hong Kong for holiday and missed out a lot of fun programs and activities.

Anyway, my last activity is Prado, Portrait of Spain, which is held in Queensland Art Gallery. This time I did not visit the exhibitions with my ambassador friends, instead, I went there with my Foundation Program’s friend.

It is a big exhibition; we spent half a day there. However, what makes it less perfect is that we cannot take photos inside the gallery, and this creates a chance for us to remember the paintings and their descriptions by heart. Because of this reason, you can only imagine the paintings based on my writing.

I remembered that there was a massive portrait which the details are extraordinary. The detailed-made hair, embroidery stitches on clothing and fabricated footwear, all added credits to the paintings. When I saw this painting, I just wonder how the painter painted it. He must be a very organized and well-planned man since not only he had to have the whole concepts of the painting but also had to walk back and forth to view the full painting from different angles. I learnt drawing when I was young and I felt that it’s really difficult to produce a good painting because you will need creativity, a well-organized brain, a pair of skillful hands and a pair of spirited eyes, etc.

For me, the most memorable part of this exhibition is actually not the paintings, but the interactive session after the exhibition. There was a little corner at the very end after the paintings exhibition and souvenir booth. There, you can answer some questions (just like the psychological test on magazines) and the interactive computer will provide you your ideal image, which is one of the famous portraits in the exhibition.

Now here is my portrait! 


沒有留言:

張貼留言